This weekend in Alabama it FINALLY started getting cool outside and I LOVE it!! Nothing beats sitting outside by a fire. The cooler weather made me go on the hunt for a warm cocktail. Check out this recipe from www.fineliving.com . Hope you are enjoying cooler nights!
6 oz. ginger-infused apple cider
Thin slice of fresh ginger or one piece of crystallized, candied ginger
1 tsp. honey
2 oz. bourbon (Maker's Mark or Jim Beam are preferred)
Slice of lemon
First: Ginger-infuse the cider.
- Peel and chop the ginger.
- Bring apple cider to a boil in a nonaluminum pot.
- Add several slices of cut and peeled ginger when cider boils.
- Turn heat off and steep for 30 minutes.
- Purée this mixture in a blender and strain through cheesecloth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
Second: Make your ginger toddy.
- Heat your ginger-infused cider, but do not boil.
- Add bourbon.
- Stir in honey.
- Pour into a coffee mug.
- Garnish with lemon and ginger slice (or use crystallized ginger