While looking for a Bloody Mary recipe, I stumbled upon these interesting little snacks! They are perfect for parties and brunches. Just like the cocktail but less filling I would think. I know people either love or hate Bloody Marys, how do you feel about them?
PS I think I'm obsessed with cocktails as food ;)
Bloody Mary Swizzlers
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup lemon-flavored vodka
- 24 almond-stuffed green olives or vermouth-marinated green olives
- 3 or 4 stalks celery with tops removed, diagonally sliced into 3/4- to 1-inch pieces (24 pieces total)
- Celery salt
- 24 cocktail picks or skewers
1. Using a plastic or wooden pick or a sharp skewer, pierce the skins of the tomatoes in several places. Place tomatoes in a self-sealing, food-safe plastic bag; add vodka. Seal bag. Turn bag to coat tomatoes. Chill overnight to allow flavor to penetrate.
2. Drain tomatoes; discard vodka. Skewer vegetables onto picks using an olive, a piece of celery, and a cherry tomato on each pick. Sprinkle lightly with celery salt. Transfer to serving platter. Makes 24 skewers
(photo from bhg.com)