Calling all fellow Sangria lovers! Here is a great way to serve a crowd Sangria for Cinco de Mayo or any other occasion because to me it goes with all occasions. YUM!
Prep: 10 min., Freeze: 24 hr. This makes about 24 servings without breaking the bank. Total cost is about $13.
Makes about 1 1/2 gal.
- 1 gal. sangría
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen limeade, thawed
- 1 (2-liter) bottle lemon-lime soft drink
- 2 cups sliced oranges, lemons, and limes
1. Place 1 (2-gal.) zip-top plastic freezer bag inside another 2-gal. zip-top plastic freezer bag. Place bags in a large bowl. Combine sangría, limeade, and lemon-lime soft drink in the inside bag. Seal both bags, and freeze 24 hours. (Double bagging is a precaution to avoid spills.)
2. Remove mixture from freezer 1 hour before serving, squeezing occasionally until slushy. Transfer mixture to a 2-gal. container. Stir in fruit.
Kid-Friendly Frozen Sangría: Substitute cranberry juice for sangría. Proceed with recipe as directed
(photo from southernliving.com)