This colorful salad caught my eye when I was searching for a new side to serve with our BBQ this weekend. I think we have a winner! Yum.
Corn, Tomato & Avocado Salad
Makes 8 servings
For the dressing:
- 1 1/2 cups packed fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup good-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
For the salad:
- 4 ears corn, kernels removed (about 3 cups)
- 1 1/2 pounds grape tomatoes, halved (about 3 cups)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 medium avocados, diced
Combine the dressing ingredients in a blender, using 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper to taste; process until smooth. Combine the salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss with the dressing. Let sit at least 15 minutes before serving, or cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours.
(photo and recipe from foodnetwork.com)