Here is an easy craft idea for your July 4th table. Bonus-you don't have to worry about injuries with these firecrackers AND you can use them as party favors!
- Mailing tubes and plugs in assorted sizes ( ; 800-PAPER-01)
- Red, white and blue construction paper or scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
- Silver tassels
- Star-shaped paper punch
- Assorted ribbons and rickrack
1. Cover a tube in construction paper, using glue to secure, alternating colors and designs.
2. Use scissors or a knife to carefully make a small slot in one plug. Thread silver tassels through opening and tie in a knot to secure.
3. Decorate by gluing star-shaped cutouts and ribbons on tubes as desired.
4. To use as party favors fill with red, white and blue M&Ms or other festive candies.
5. Group various sizes and designs together on a plate or tray and sprinkle tray with patriotic confetti.
(photo from allyou.com)