There is nothing like a hot beverage in cool weather to give you that warm and fuzzy feeling. Many new recipes are popping up for them I would like to try. This one sounds especially good to me. How could you go wrong with pomegranate and pineapple juice?! BONUS: the cinnamon and cloves simmering on your stove will make your house smell divine, naturally. Simmer right before your guests arrive to fragrance your home.
Spiced Pomegranate Sipper
Prep: 10 min., Cook: 18 min.
Makes about 8 cups
- 1 (2 1/2-inch-long) cinnamon stick
- 5 whole cloves
- 5 thin fresh ginger slices
- 2 (16-oz.) bottles refrigerated 100% pomegranate juice
- 4 cups white grape juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- Garnishes: pineapple chunks, orange rind curls
1. Cook cinnamon stick, cloves, and ginger in a Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until cinnamon is fragrant.
2. Gradually stir in juices. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes. Pour mixture through a wire-mesh strainer into a heat-proof pitcher; discard solids. Serve warm. Garnish, if desired.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and Welch's 100% White Grape Juice.
Tipsy Hot Spiced Pomegranate Sipper: Prepare recipe as directed. Stir in 1 1/4 cups almond liqueur just before serving. Makes 9 1/4 cups.
(image and recipe frommyrecipes.com)