Wow your guests with these lovely cherry cookies this Christmas. Their presentation says "fancy" but their recipe says "easy".
Easy 'Mallow Cookies
- 16 maraschino cherries with stems
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped maraschino cherries
- 32 vanilla wafer cookies
- 4 ounces vanilla-flavor candy coating
1. Place maraschino cherries with stems on paper towels; drain well. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper; set aside. In a small bowl, stir together marshmallow creme and chopped maraschino cherries. Spread about 1 teaspoon of the maraschino cherry mixture on the bottom of one cookie. Top with another cookie, bottom side down. Place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cookies and maraschino cherry mixture.
2. In a small saucepan, heat and stir candy coating over medium-low heat until melted and smooth. Cool slightly.
3. Dip cookies halfway into the melted candy coating. Return to baking sheet. Holding a cherry by the stem, dip bottom of cherry into the melted candy coating. Place cherry on top of candy-coated side of one cookie. Hold for several seconds or just until set. Repeat with remaining cherries and cookies. Let cookies stand until candy coating sets. Makes 16 sandwich cookies.
TO STORE: Place sandwich cookies in a single layer in an airtight container; cover. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
(photo and recipe from parents.com)