Check out these Butterfly and Bug themed gift ideas from Hostess Jo!
Here is a great and easy way to give Mom something personalized by you this Mother's Day!
- Gingham and floral craft paper (or any print you like)
- Paper-edger scissors
- 1 1/2" x 2" photocopied snapshot
- Chartreuse craft paper (or any color you like)
- Candle in glass holder, 4" diam. x 5 1/2"H
1. Cut 3 1/2" x 13" band of gingham and 1 1/2" x 13" band of floral paper. Trim floral band with paper edgers. Create border for snapshot by cutting 2 1/2" x 3" rectangle from chartreuse paper. Glue photo onto border.
2. Glue the floral band lengthwise onto gingham band two inches from top edge. Glue square in center of gingham band. Glue collage to candle. Tie ribbon around top edge; center bow above snapshot.
(photo from allyou.com)
Here is another easy breakfast casserole to serve your crowd over the weekend!
12 large eggs
1/3 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
1 lb. pork sausage
4 oz. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 pkg. (8 oz.) KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
HEAT oven to 400°F.
BEAT eggs and sour cream with whisk until well blended. Pour into greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Bake 10 min. or until egg mixture is softly set. Meanwhile, cook sausage, mushrooms and onions in large skillet on medium heat 6 to 8 min. or until sausage is cooked through, stirring occasionally. Drain.
REDUCE oven temperature to 325°F. Spoon tomatoes over the baked egg layer; top with sausage mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses.
BAKE 30 min. or until egg mixture is set in center.
I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend!!
(photo and recipe from kraftfoods.com)
This photo caught my eye for its pretty pink color. Then the recipe sounded just as good as it looked. What a great punch to serve at Easter! The recipe includes instructions for both non-alcoholic and alcoholic versions so you can please everyone. This would also be great for Mother's Day and wedding and baby showers (especially if mom is having a girl!)
Makes about 9 cups
- 1 (12-oz.) can frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 4 cups white cranberry juice cocktail
- 1 qt. club soda, chilled
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Stir together lemonade concentrate and cranberry juice cocktail in a large pitcher. Cover and chill at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours. Stir in club soda just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
Champagne Punch: Substitute 1 (750-milliliter) bottle extra-dry Champagne or sparkling wine and 1/4 cup orange liqueur for club soda; proceed with recipe as directed
(photo from southernliving.com)
Change is Good
Large peonies sit in nests instead of eggs! I love the simplicity of the white flowers in the nests. What a pretty table setting for Easter, Mother's Day, weddings or "Nesting" baby showers. These open peonies are sitting in a shallow plastic bowl of water then in a basket of twisted fern vines. If you can't find fern vines, I think you could buy two medium nests at your local craft store and set one on top of the other and blend the sides to get the same depth shown here.
Continue the theme with miniature peony nest place card holders. You could use a bud of the centerpiece flower or one that is more closed. These stems sit in a water tube within each nest. Finish the setting with large round glasses that mimic the roundness of the nests.
Of course you can use any flower you prefer and hopefully one you have in your own backyard!
(photo from marthastewart.com)